Earlier this year we dedicated an entire week to one thing everyone loves - BABIES!! And we're back at it again this week to share great tips, gift ideas and some beautiful baby-focused designs we've been working on :o) First up, fabulous baby shower gift ideas!
As with any shower, it's always best to shop from the registry - after all momma and daddy-to-be have thought long and hard (and probably researched, argued and debated - lol!) about what they need. Besides, figuring out how to care for a newborn baby and hassling to return unwanted items all at the same time is just no fun. So whenever possible shop the registry - keep some of these great gifts in mind when picking from their provided options, I'm sure they're bound to include a few!
I've listened to all of my mommy friends over the years about their opinions and advice about what the "must haves" are - here are just a few of them :o)
A Travel System - this in "non-baby having terms" means the car seat and stroller work together as one unit. These little lovelies have car seats that pop into bases buckled into the car (be sure to buy a second one for daddy's car!) so you don't have to unbuckle every time. The car seat also fastens into the stroller (having one that is simple enough to fold up with one hand is a must!) and later when the baby is bigger the stroller works all on its own. Since travel systems are pricey they're a great group gift option!
2) A Great-looking Diaper Bag Neutral Enough for Dad to Carry - Diaper bags are a necessary evil, but they don't have to ugly anymore (everyone say, "YAY!"). Pick one out that is fashionable enough for mommy to carry (let's leave the cartoon characters elsewhere), yet not too girly for dad to haul around (because you know he will).
3) Sophie the Giraffe Teether - I've seen this adorable little teether everywhere I turn - it the perfect "gift topper"!
4) Bumbo Baby Sitter - My sister-in-law and brother-in-law swore by this seat - it helps the baby sit upright until is can sit up all by itself. Great after the six month mark when the baby starts eating solid foods!
5) Baby Carrier or Sling - Keeps baby close and momma hands free! The BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier is a classic.
6) Disposable Diapers - Even if mom and dad intend to diaper their baby in the cloth numbers, they'll most likely still use disposables when traveling or sending the baby to grandma and grandpa's - meaning every one will still need diapers at some point. I've been told Pampers Swaddlers are where it's at by all of my baby-toting friends! Note: Don't buy too many newborn diapers - little ones don't stay in these long enough to warrant boxes and boxes of them.
7) Nipple Cream - There isn't a lady out there who hasn't told me there is one thing you can't live without when breast feeding - Nipple Cream. If your pregnant friend doesn't realize she'll need it - help her out and add a tub to her shower gift :o)
8) Baby Prints Frame - Most hospitals only get footprints of the newborn while in the hospital, so help the new mom and dad out by buying them a keepsake frame for both those adorable piddy and hand prints!
9) Books - You can never go wrong buying books for a new baby - starting a library for a young children is forever giving! Check out Amazon's list of top children's books for ideas!