If you've always found yourself interested in all the beautiful things that are part of the wedding industry this is the right place for you. We pride ourselves on being incredibly "coastal" with our creations and our small business thinking - we'd love to have you along for the ride!
Here's the breakdown:
1} This is an unpaid internship. However, the interns will be reimbursed for any Baci-related driving done with their own personal vehicles (prepare yourself - there are a lot of errands to run in preparation for Handpicked!).
2} This position will require presence in both Baci's home studio (in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio) and at assistant stylist Brigit's home (in Akron, Ohio.) Approximately 1 day a week at each location with some satellite work from your home (and some late night crafting) depending on the current work load.
3} We are interested in a graphic design intern - The intern will be responsible for creating many of the Handpicked graphics and stationery pieces. You will get to be a part of our daily business and learn the in's and out's of how Baci works, as well!
4} The position will begin the week of
5} We are looking for someone who's fun and easy to work with who also has the following qualities:
* An Independent Worker - We cherish the time spent teaching our interns, but we also have to get things accomplished ;o)
* An Organization Nerd - Putting together an event like Handpicked while maintaining regular business requires loads of organization.
* A Creative and Crafty Soul - We love out of the box thinkers who can create right alongside Martha!
* A Social Networking Guru - Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Google+, Pinterest, Instagram - you name it, we use it and you'll be expected to ;o)
* A Google Applications Expert - We use Google to run pretty much everything around here.
* A Practiced Blogger User and Well-executed Writer - You will be expected to come up with unique and well-written blog posts throughout the duration of the internship.
* A Skilled InDesign/Illustrator/PhotoShop Artist - These are incredibly important in Baci's studio. We aren't saying you have to be a genius in all Adobe design products, but having a working knowledge of them is incredibly important.
*An Outgoing Personality - Wall flowers not need apply! This environment is fast and fun - the more energetic and confident you are, the more you will benefit from it. You'll be calling up local businesses searching for specific design elements, stopping in coffee shops to hang promotional fliers, chatting it up with brides-to-be and mingling with some of the most talented vendors in the area - all in a day's work :o) You will be on a new adventure every day, so being up for a challenge is a definite bonus!
And a few more "musts":
* Must LOVE Weddings!!
* Must spell stationery correctly - Look it up if you're not sure. I promise I won't even finish reading your resume if you don't.
* Must love Morris the Cat - This cat loves to test our interns, but they always end up loving one another by the end of the semester!
* Must be able to deal with the random happenings of parents with a toddler and baby - Our little guys won't be working alongside us often, but the life of working parents is never dull, lol!
* Must provide own reliable transportation and laptop computer
If you feel like we were just describing you (it's like we're in your brain, right?!?!) and you're interested in applying for Baci's 2015 Spring Internship - please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "2015 Spring Intern" by the end of the day Friday, January 23rd.
Please feel free to share this posting as well! Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you soon!