2 t. vanilla
4 T. milk
1 cup sugar
3½ cups flour
⅛ t. salt
¾ t. baking soda
2 t. baking powder
1 c. butter
1) Preheat oven to 350 °.
2) Beat eggs, vanilla, milk and sugar together in a small bowl and set aside.
3) Stir flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together in a large bowl.
4) Work the butter into the flour mixture (like you would with pie crust) using a pastry blender.
5) Stir in egg mixture.
6) If dough is not stiff enough to roll out add flour little by little.
7) Refrigerate dough for one hour (it can be refrigerated for several days).
8) Roll out on to a floured surface and cut with a cookie cutter (or for round ones I just use a drinking glass from the cupboard).
9) Sprinkle with sugar before baking if you choose not to frost them.
10) Bake for 8 - 10 minutes. Cookies will rise and be soft. Set on wire rack to cool.